Social Media is not entirely safe for many of us, to help us all, we share this post “WhatsApp Account Hacking Methods Scammers Adopt To Scam and Hack You” as an educative piece.
Note first of all that, not everyone in a group you belong to is a good person. Bad people like criminals and scammers also join groups to take advantage of those who are not tech-savvy and smart.
Keep in mind that Administrators for good and safe groups do not call or text anyone in their groups for codes or anything that will put your WhatsApp at risk.
Hence if you join a group, never give any code sent to your phone to anyone if you love yourself or your family or your group member.
WhatsApp Account Hacking Methods Scammers Adopt To Scam and Hack You
We have taken our time to identify the possible ways fraudsters can scam People… Kindly read it well to protect yourself against fraudsters anywhere
List of Possible Methods Scammers Adopt
1. sending/asking for codes for reason: never entertain anyone asking for codes
2. winning a promotion you never participated in: Do not entertain
3. Double your money like worldremit etc: Do not deal with institutions not registered with the Bank of Ghana.
4. Sending of text messages as if it were a momo transaction and later call for reverse sending: never reverse any money and ask the person to inform MTN or telco to reverse any money
5. After receiving momo from a known or unknown number and an unknown person calls for the reversal of a money transfer transaction: never reverse any money and ask the person to inform MTN or telco to reverse any money. (The money could actually be for you)
6. BITCASH or world remit or Safeway or Qnet or walfago or steward etc
7. Paying application fees for scholarships
8. Any institution/country giving out or sharing free money
9. Any institution/country giving out or sharing free data/computers
10. A supposed fetish priest calling to claim he/she has been paid to kill you and needs a better offer of payment
11. National lottery and anything lotto online
12. Engaging G.E.S payroll issues facilitators not referred by a known person
13. Engaging G.E.S recruitments, postings, and change of school facilitators not referred by known people
14. Taking loans through third parties
15. Romance scams mostly on men. The fraudsters, females or males posing as females, begins to seduce the victim with words and even actions to later demand assistance in forms of cash
16. Romance scam where the fraudster directly tries to seduce or propose and later makes demands.
17. Fixed matches or fixed odds
18. Controller arrears fraud where the fraudster would provide credentials that match a CAGD officer and ask you to take a loan to balance your Legacy arrears
19. Engaging any recruitment connection men or middlemen not referred by known people. (They won’t have any sympathy/pity for you). There are uncountable reasons they can tell you why it did not work
21. Appealing to conscious people for alms or help to use fake circumstances like hunger, health, education etc
22. Fraudsters normally enter a WhatsApp group and leave later just to have the contacts of the group members, in the members/participants list section. (a big disadvantage for WhatsApp groups and the reason people need to move to our telegram page)
The WhatsApp Account Hacking Methods Scammers Adapt to Scam and Hack You will help you stay ahead of the criminals online.